史蒂夫·哈维脱口秀- 老板不让我休产假

非凡影视 欧美明星 2025-04-26 18:34 1

摘要:She goes, well, yeah, you have to have it in effect before you ever get pregnant, and talk to your employer to see what his policy

- Margaret.

-玛格丽特。

(audience clapping) (Steve chuckles) Where's Margaret?

(观众鼓掌)(史蒂夫笑起来)玛格丽特在哪里?

- Hey, Steve!

- 嘿,史蒂夫!

Right here.

就在这儿。

- Okay, go ahead.

- 好,你说吧。

- So my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a little over two years now.

- 所以我丈夫和我已经努力要孩子两年多了。

- [Steve] Okay.

- [史蒂夫] 好的。

- I went to the doctor, and I'm supposed to start fertility treatments at the end of the month.

- 我去看医生了,我应该在月底开始生育治疗。

- Okay.

-好。

- I was talking to my friend about this, and she had asked me if I had a short term disability policy.

我和朋友聊了这件事,她问我是否有短期残疾保险政策。

I told her no, I didn't know that was a thing.

我告诉她,不,我不知道那回事。

I didn't know that was something I could do.

我不知道那是我可以做的事情。

She goes, well, yeah, you have to have it in effect before you ever get pregnant, and talk to your employer to see what his policy is, and what his maternity leave policy is.

她说,嗯,是的,你必须在怀孕前就生效,并且和你的雇主谈谈, 看看他的政策是什么,以及他的产假政策是什么。

So, I went to my boss and I had asked him what kind of policy he had, and he told me that if I was to get maternal, that I couldn't work for the company anymore.

于是,我去找了老板, 询问他公司有什么样的政策。他告诉我,如果我怀孕了,就不能再为公司工作了。

(audience exclaiming) It's not illegal because he has.

(观众惊呼)这不违法因为他有。

- What's happening today?

今天发生了什么?

(audience laughing) - So he has under a certain amount of employees, so he's justified in his saying.

(观众笑)所以他雇员人数不足,因此他说的话是有道理的。

He came to me a few days later and he told me, long story short, no, you can't have maternity leave, but you get two weeks paid time off, and one week of unpaid time off.

几天后,他找到我,简而言之,他告诉我:“不行,你不能休产假,但你可以享受两周带薪休假和一周无薪休假。”

If you budget just right, you can use those three weeks for your maternity leave.

如果预算得当,你可以用这三周时间来休产假。

But if you take any more days off, you lose your job due to excessive absentee.

但如果你再请更多的假,就会因为旷工过多而被解雇。

- This a lawsuit.

- 这是一起诉讼。

This is a lawsuit.

这是一起诉讼。

You can't tell a woman she can't have a baby.

你不能告诉一个女人她不能生孩子。

(audience clapping) This is 2019.

(观众鼓掌)这是2019年。

Listen to me, listen to me.

听我说,听我说。

I don't know all the laws.

我不太了解所有法律。

You tell a woman she can't have a child, and she lose her job.

你告诉一个女人她不能生孩子,然后她就失去了工作。

Who, you can't say that!

你不能这么说!

I'll give a damn what your policy is!

我才不在乎你们的政策是什么呢!

You cannot take a woman's right away to have a child.

你不能剥夺一个女人生育的权利。

You know, this some dude said this, 'cause men, we so damn stupid.

你知道吗,有个家伙说过,男人真是蠢到家了。

I just, look, I could be totally wrong about this.

我只是,你看,我可能完全错了。

- It is a dude.

- 那是个家伙。

- But I just don't see how a man, an employer, can tell a female employee, if you have a baby, you can't have a baby.

但我不明白, 一个雇主,怎么可以对女性员工说, 如果你生了孩子,你就不能生孩子。

All this trying to have a child and start a family, you can't do it in here.

所有这些努力想要有个孩子、组建家庭,在这里你是无法实现的。

You'll lose your job.

你会失去工作的。

- Oh, it was a huge issue when I got married, too.

哦,我结婚时这也是个大问题。

I started working for him when I was 19.

我19岁开始为他工作。

I'm 23 now.

我现在23岁。

My husband and I just got married a few months ago, and he had told me, he had tried to talk me out of it.

我丈夫和我几个月前刚结婚,他之前告诉我, 他曾试图劝说我放弃这个想法。

He kind of talked crap to me about it.

他有点在那胡说八道。

- [Audience] Aww.

- [观众] 哎呀。

(audience chattering indistinctly) - Let me ask you a question.

(观众低声交谈)——让我问你一个问题。

Of all the places in the world, ideally, where would you love to live?

在全世界所有的地方中,理想的话,你最想住在哪儿?

- Nevada.

-内华达州。

- Nevada.

-内华达州。

If you had a few million dollars, name one thing if you had a few million dollars, you'd do.

如果你有几百万美元,你会做一件事。

- Well, I'd put some of it away to grow money on its own, and then I would secure my family.

我会把一部分钱存起来让它自己增值,然后保障我的家庭。

I would buy a house, and just make sure we're secured and taken care of.

我会买一套房子,确保我们有稳定的保障。

- Yeah, well what kind of house?

- 是啊,什么样的房子呢?

- A big enough house.

- 一所足够大的房子。

I mean, I don't want something too big, but nothing too small either.

我的意思是,我不想要太大东西,但也不想太小的东西。

- Sir, what's your dream car?

先生,您梦想中的车是什么?

You ask a guy that, we all know that.

你问那个家伙,我们都知道的。

What's your dream car?

你的梦想座驾是什么?

- Honestly, I have a 86 Ford Ranger that I put a 5.

- 说实话,我有一辆86年的福特探员,我给它换了个5.

o Mustang engine in.

o 福特发动机安装完毕。

- [Steve] Yeah.

- [史蒂夫] 是的。

- That's my first truck, that's my dream truck.

那是我的第一辆卡车,那是我梦寐以求的卡车。

- [Steve] Yeah, I see you.

- [史蒂夫] 是的,我看到你了。

Well see after this airs, and your employer, this goes public, you gonna be able to buy all of that stuff.

好吧,等这个节目播出后, 你的雇主知道了,这事公开了, 你就能买得起所有这些东西了。

(audience clapping) (audience cheering) Please welcome Margaret back to the show.

(观众鼓掌)(观众欢呼)请欢迎玛格丽特回到节目中。

(audience clapping) (audience cheering) You know I, look, like I say, I don't know the laws, all of the laws.

(观众鼓掌)(观众欢呼)你知道,我,就像我说的,我不了解所有的法律。

But watching this again, this still surprises me.

再次观看这个,我依然感到惊讶。

I just don't get it.

我就是不明白。

When you went back home, what were the reactions from your family and your friends?

当你回到家时,你的家人和朋友们的反应如何?

- My friends and family were extremely supportive.

- 我的家人和朋友都非常支持我。

They thought I was brave for being able to stand up for myself.

他们认为我很有勇气,能够为自己发声。

My mom told me I was brave because there's not very many jobs in our small little town.

我妈妈告诉我我很勇敢,因为我们这个小城镇的工作不多。

- Our viewers had a lot to say about this, 'cause you had over a million views on our site on social media, and you had over 2000 comments.

- 我们的观众对此议论纷纷,因为你们在社交媒体上获得了超过百万的浏览量,并收到了两千多条评论。

Now here's a few of the comments that we've said.

以下是我们收到的一些评论。

Abigail says, the boss needs to stay in his lane.

阿比盖尔说,老板应该安守本分。

He is out of order.

他坏了。

Jeannie says, I'd have a baby and let him fire me.

珍妮说,我会生个孩子,让他炒了我的鱿鱼。

Cha-ching!

恰叮当当!

(audience clapping) Jenn says, I'd like a follow up on this, Steve.

(观众鼓掌)詹恩说,史蒂夫,我想跟进一下这个问题。

So, here the follow up is.

所以,这里是后续的内容。

We heard you, we listen.

我们听到了你的声音,我们在倾听。

So we are all curious, what happened after you left the show?

所以我们都好奇,你离开节目后发生了什么?

- So after I left the show, I started actively looking for another job.

- 所以在我离开节目后,我开始积极寻找另一份工作。

I continued to put in applications, and I received a job offer as a substitute secretary.

我继续投递简历,并收到了一份临时秘书的工作邀请。

It's not an ideal position, (audience clapping) because I do need something full time.

这并不是一个理想的位置,(观众鼓掌)因为我确实需要一份全职工作。

However, it is a foot in the door somewhere else, and it's away from my company, which I'd much rather take.

不过, 这至少是迈向其他地方的第一步,而且远离了我所在的公司, 这是我更愿意接受的结果。

- So you resigned from the company?

- 所以你辞职了?

- So I put in my notice with the company.

- 所以我向公司提出了辞职。

I'm still currently there, because I haven't started my other position yet.

我目前仍在原职,因为我还未开始新的工作。

- Okay, so what has your boss said about this resignation?

- 好的,那么你老板对你的辞职怎么说?

- So I wanted to be up front with him before I accepted my position.

- 所以在我接受职位之前,我想坦诚地和他沟通一下。

And I went in, and I sat down with him, and I told him, look, I got another job offer and I'm gonna take it.

然后我进去, 坐下来和他谈了谈,告诉他,我收到了另一份工作offer, 我打算去新公司工作。

I explained to him, I've been feeling this way ever since he told me if I get pregnant I can't have my job.

我向他解释,自从他告诉我如果怀孕就不能保住工作后,我就一直有这种感觉。

And he immediately told me, no, I didn't say that.

他立即告诉我,不,我没有这么说。

I wouldn't say something like that.

我不会说那种话。

A few days later, his wife brings me into her office and she asks me what's going on, and I tell her.

几天后, 他的妻子把我叫进她的办公室, 问我发生了什么事,我如实告诉了她。

I explain to her the comment and everything, and she goes, well he wouldn't say something like that.

我向她解释了那句话和所有情况,她说,呃,他不会那样说话的。

Where was I at?

我说到哪里了?

And I told her, you were in the office right next door.

而且我告诉她,你就在隔壁办公室。

She goes, well are you sure you're not pregnant now, because you're pretty hormonal.

她问,你确定你现在没怀孕吗,因为你激素水平挺高的。

- [Audience] Ooh!

- [观众] 哇!

- And I told her, no, I know for a fact I'm not because I have to take fertility treatments, and I can't even start that because of everything that's going on here.

- 而且我告诉她, 不,我确定我没有怀孕, 因为我需要进行生育治疗,而且因为这里发生的一切, 我甚至都无法开始治疗。

- See, I know he's backing up on this statement because when you told it to me, I don't really know law.

- 你看, 我知道他在这件事上反悔了, 因为你告诉我时,我对法律真的不太了解。

Now I'm gonna tell you what I found out the law is, but at the time, I don't know the law.

现在我要告诉你们我发现的法律是什么,但当时,我并不了解法律。

So, here's the law, federal law requires businesses to provide 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave if the company has 50 or more employees.

所以,法律规定,联邦法律要求如果公司有50名或更多员工,必须提供12周的无薪产假。

Now in Nevada, where you live, it follows federal law.

现在在你居住的内华达州,它是遵循联邦法律的。

- We don't have 50 employees.

- 我们没有50名员工。

We have 15.

我们有15个。

- You have 15?

- 你有15吗?

- Mm hm.

- 嗯哼。

- Wow.

-哇。

But you can file, according to my producers, you can file for disability at that place, which would give you probably something better than.

但是你可以根据我的制作人说的,你可以在那里申请残疾保险,这可能会给你更好的一些东西。

- And I had asked about if I was to hold a disability policy and I'm supposed to have it through my employer, and he told me he didn't wanna do that for me.

- 而且我还问过关于是否需要购买残疾保险政策的事, 我应该通过雇主来办理这个保险,但他告诉我他不想为我办理这个手续。

- This not a good guy.

这可不是个好人。

I, look, once again, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure there's a lawyer watching this show somewhere.

我看看, 我又不是律师,但我觉得肯定有律师在看这个节目。

Matter of fact, we got.

事实上,我们确实得到了。

(audience cheering) There's a lady up there, before you have the baby, she'll have a degree in.

(观众欢呼)有个女士在那,生宝宝前,她就能拿到学位了。

Okay, let's talk to your husband, 'cause your husband Ronny's here with us today also.

好的,让我们来听听你丈夫的看法,因为今天你的丈夫罗尼也和我们在一起。

Ronny, what are your thoughts about all this?

罗尼,你对这一切有什么想法?

- I was just really disappointed with the way everything played out.

- 我对这一切的结局真的很失望。

We were, I felt like we had a really good relationship with her bosses, and so we kind of had to take a step back and try and find another full-time job.

我们觉得和她的老板们关系很好,所以不得不退一步, 试着找另一份全职工作。

And I'm really proud of her with all the work she's done, as far as looking for jobs and everything, in the position that she has gotten to get her foot in the door somewhere, so.

我为她感到非常自豪, 她已经做了很多工作,包括寻找工作和一切,在她所处的位置上, 她已经成功地迈出了第一步,所以。

- See, here's the deal.

- 你看,事情是这样的。

He can't stop you from having a child.

他不能阻止你生孩子。

At the end of the day, it's gonna be up to God.

归根结底,这得由上帝决定。

You understand what I'm trying to tell you?

你明白我想说什么吗?

- Absolutely.

-绝对。

- See, you keep, I don't want you to miss.

- 你看,我让你留着,就是不想你错过。

- Absolutely.

-绝对。

(audience clapping) - I don't want you to miss this part right here.

(观众鼓掌)——我不想让你错过这里的关键部分。

You know what, just get in touch with your God.

你知不知道,去联系你的上帝吧。

Just talk to him about this situation right here.

就这件事直接和他谈谈。

Talk to him about your job situation.

和他谈谈你的工作状况吧。

'Cause when you try to figure it out yourself, it's rough.

因为当你试图自己解决时,那过程可真是艰难。

That's the thing that prayer does for me.

那就是祈祷对我来说的意义。

It causes me not to have to figure it out.

这让我不必去弄清楚。

I just go to him, lay it up there.

我就去找他,把事情摊开说清楚。

This is what I'm trying to work, this what I'd like to happen, but you tell me what you want to happen.

这就是我正在努力实现的目标, 也是我希望发生的事情,但请告诉我你希望发生什么。

And then it'll work out for me like that.

然后一切就会这样顺利解决。

I think it'll work out for you.

我觉得这对你来说会成功的。

- I think it will.

- 我认为会的。

- I think if you and your husband, if y'all do that together, watch what'll happen.

- 我觉得如果你和你丈夫一起这么做,看看会发生什么。

All right, thank you for coming.

好的,感谢您的到来。

- Absolutely.

-绝对。

- Thank you very much.

非常感谢。

- Thank you.

谢谢。

(audience cheering) - We wish you the best.

(观众欢呼)- 我们祝你一切顺利。

Hey, you made it to the end of this video.

嘿,你看到视频最后了。

I got a lot more that you're gonna enjoy, so just click to watch the next one.

我还有很多你會喜歡的內容,所以點擊观看下一个吧。

And make sure you subscribe to always know what's happening.

请务必订阅,以便随时掌握最新动态。

来源:英语东

相关推荐