摘要:It has that remarkable ability to bring happy memories, comfort us in times of sadness, and to take us to distant places.
Throughout my life, music has meant a great deal to me.
在我的一生中,音乐对我意义重大。
It has that remarkable ability to bring happy memories, comfort us in times of sadness, and to take us to distant places.
它有着非凡的能力,能唤起美好的回忆,在悲伤时刻给予我们慰藉, 并带领我们前往遥远的地方。
But perhaps above all, it can lift our spirits to such a degree, and all the more so when it brings us together in celebration.
但或许最重要的是,它能极大地振奋我们的精神,尤其是当它让我们齐聚一堂共同庆祝的时候,这种效果就更加显著。
In other words, it brings us joy.
换句话说,它带给我们快乐。
So this is what I particularly wanted to share with you.
因此,这正是我特别想与你们分享的。
Songs which have brought me joy.
那些曾给我带来快乐的歌曲。
This seemed such an interesting and innovative way to celebrate this year's Commonwealth Day.
这似乎是一种非常有趣且新颖的方式来庆祝今年的英联邦日。
Thank you for listening.
感谢聆听。
I wish you all every possible blessing.
愿你们都得到所有的祝福。
You've just heard the King's Guard playing Could You Be Loved by the late Bob Marley.
你们刚刚听到的是皇家卫队演奏的来自已故的音乐家鲍勃·马利的《Could You Be Loved》。
I always recall his words, the people have a voice inside of them.
我总是想起他的话:人们内心深处都有自己的声音。
He gave the world that voice in a way that no one who heard can ever forget.
他用一种无人能忘的方式赋予了世界那种声音。
This very last song is one of my particular favorites.
这最后这首歌是我特别喜爱的歌曲之一。
It is Upside Down by Diana Ross.
来自黛安娜·罗斯的《Upside Down》。
When I was much younger, it was impossible not to get up and dance when it was played.
在我年轻时,每当这首歌响起,我都会不由自主地起身跳舞。
And I wonder if I can still just manage it.
现在我就不勉强一试啦。
I was particularly pleased to meet RAYE, when I visited Battersea Power Station in December to see how my Prince's Trust – now renamed the King's Trust – continues to help young people, very nearly half a century since I first founded it.
我特别高兴在12月参观巴特西发电站时遇见了RAYE,借此机会了解我的 “王子信托基金”——现在已更名为 “国王信托基金”—— 如何继续帮助年轻人,距我首次创立它已经快半个世纪了。
Anyone who saw RAYE perform at the Grammy Awards will know that she is a great ambassador for British music.
任何看过RAYE在格莱美颁奖典礼上表演的人都会知道,她是英国音乐的杰出代表。
Kylie Minogue came to St. James's Palace to perform this song in 2012, in advance of the Diamond Jubilee visit to Australia.
凯莉·米洛于2012年造访圣詹姆斯宫,为当时即将到来的澳大利亚钻石禧年庆典献唱此曲。
We had a large reception for Australians in the United Kingdom, and as Kylie is an ambassador for my now King's Trust, she very generously agreed to come and perform.
我们为在英国的澳大利亚人举办了一场盛大的招待会,而由于凯莉是我现任“国王信托基金”的大使,她非常慷慨地答应前来表演。
The song is The Locomotion, and this is music for dancing.
这首歌是《The Locomotion》,专为舞动而生的音乐。
Again, it has that infectious energy, which makes it, I find, incredibly hard to sit still.
同样,它具有那种感染力十足的力量,让我觉得难以安坐不动。
来源:英语东